Growing Rich Everyday... My Weblog

Enrich yourself by finding and enjoying the simple and finer things in the daily humdrum of life...




An occasional visit to Barnes and Noble is something that I often look for as one of my pastimes.
They sure have a winning marketing streak ! Anyone with even a faint passion for books can succumb to their strategy and walk out with a couple of books.
In addition to carving out a hole in my [read - husband's] pocket [;)], I often leave with a wishlist of books.
Come what may, I am determined to read the following books during 2008.

  1. The World is Flat [Thomas Friedman] - currently reading.
  2. Complications [ Atul Gawande]
  3. Guns, Germs and Steel [Jared Diamond]
  4. The Lord of the Rings [J.R.R. Tolkein]
  5. Shantaram [Gregory David ROberts]
  6. Blink [Malcolm Gladwell]
  7. The Tipping Point [Malcolm Gladwell]

2 comments

  1. Anonymous  

    Hey Kasturi - atleast it is a natural high - Tapan has much to be thankful for!!
    I have read Shantaram, Blink and the Tipping Point and they are pretty good reads (Shantaram is a MUST for any Bombay-ite!) The world is Flat features on my list of Must Reads for this year!
    Thanks for visiting my blog - Happy reading!

  2. Anonymous  

    nice story.
    Haiku Poems

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)